Wolf Systems Ltd - Environmental Policy
Wolf Systems promotes timber engineering using sustainable resources. We recognise that our operations will have an impact on the local, regional and global environment.
To address this, Wolf Systems seeks to continually improve it’s environmental performance by increasing energy efficiency, minimising waste and preventing pollution. In 2011 Wolf Systems installed 135kW of solar panels which produce 40% of our electricity requirement and save 50 tonnes of CO2 per year.
In particular, Wolf Systems aims to:
- Undertake all activities with the intention of reducing the company's environmental impact as far as possible.
- Conserve energy in our office and manufacturing units.
- Save water in all our operations, through installation of water-saving devices and other measures, where applicable.
- Endeavour to minimise waste in all our operations, by prevention of unnecessary packaging, reuse of materials and recycling.
- Minimise the impact of transport and travel through logistics and using shared transport.
- Assess and monitor the environmental impact of suppliers and contractors, using this as a part of the selection process.
- Ensure that all employees are kept informed of the company's environmental policy and of the environmental implications of their actions within the workplace.
- Wolf Systems will review its environmental performance and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations annually and will set environmental targets and goals for the coming year.
- Carefully consider the environmental impacts of its product range at all stages of its lifecycle from manufacture to disposal.